Tomyam Laksa is a special dish, combining tomyam paste and young coconut
juice in the gravy. It has a taste of a Thai dish. Rather unusual but delicious!
- 20 stalks of dried chillies, soaked and blended to a fine
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 500 ml young coconut juice
- 1 litre water
- 1/2 chicken, cut into small pieces
- 3 tbs Tom Yam paste
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 5 pcs kaffir lime leaves
- Salt and sugar
- Lime juice
- 2 lemon grass, bruised
- 3 shallots, blended to a fine paste
- 1 garlic, blended to a fine paste
- 2 onions
- 2 tbs oil
- Button mushroom
- Lime wedges
- Flesh of young coconut
- Fish cake
- Fresh coriander
- Heat oil and sautee lemon grass, onion, garlic and shallots
with the chilli paste.
- Add in water, chicken stock and young coconut juice, cook
- Add in tomyam paste and chicken pieces.
- Turn down the heat, add in coconut milk.
- Stir slowly and add in salt and sugar to taste.
- Turn off fire and squeeze in lime juice.
- Throw in kaffir lime leaves.
- Serve hot with yellow noodles or rice vermicilli with the
rest of the garnish.
There are other types of Laksa:
Back to the top of Tomyam Laksa
Back to main page Types of Laksa
Back to the homepage of Pickles and Spices